The AMOS Fellowship is inspired by the revolutionary prophecy of Amos: But let justice roll down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream (Amos 5:24). This semester long program will provide Orthodox leaders a unique opportunity to take leadership roles in Uri L’Tzedek’s social justice campaigns, learn the connection between Torah and social justice, develop skills crucial to non-profit work, and create community by connecting with a group of passionate and like-minded peers.
- Participate in ten evening sessions
- Attend one Shabbaton over the course of the semester
- Serve in two direct service opportunities
- Three additional leadership hours devoted to Uri L’Tzedek work per week.
- Leadership role in an Uri L’Tzedek campaign such as The Tav HaYosher, Domestic Violence Campaign, Prison Reform Campaign, Flaum Campaign, Micro-Finance Campaign.
- Study Uri L’Tzedek Leadership Curriculum including selections from Harvard Business Review andStanford Social Innovation Review.
- Identify leadership opportunities in your university community.
Social Justice Education:
- Study the Torah and philosophical underpinning of Orthodox social justice
- Learn from social justice leaders
- Expand your mind through engaging discussions with other fellows and Uri L’Tzedek staff
- Reflect on your experiences
Social Entrepreneur Skills:
- Study non-profit organizational development
- Learn grassroots fundraising methods
- Training in community organizing models
- Effectively using Social media
- Writing an effective op-ed about issues that matter to you
Want to get more involved? Contact us at [email protected].org!!