Uri L’Tzedek Program Intern
Uri L'Tzedek is an Orthodox social justice organization guided by Torah values and dedicated to combating suffering and oppression. Through community based education, leadership development and action, Uri L'Tzedek creates discourse, inspires leaders, and empowers the Jewish community towards creating a more just world.
Uri L’Tzedek seeks Program Interns for the academic year. This year long internship is an opportunity to work alongside Uri L’Tzedek's staff and board, experience the many mechanisms that come together to create an effective nonprofit organization, gain exposure to communal Jewish life, effect change and learn Torah, social justice philosophy, and community organizing models. Interns will be based at Uri L’Tzedek’s offices at JFNA; they will have the opportunity to attend Bikkurim workshops and learn from top consultants in the field of Jewish programming. The Program Intern is a volunteer position.
These volunteer position will contribute to Uri L’Tzedek’s core programming. Responsibilities may include promoting and marketing Uri L’Tzedek’s programs, developing educational materials, community outreach, researching the interface between contemporary social justice issues and the Jewish tradition, creating educational modules, teaching in the greater Jewish community, and providing administrative support for Uri L’Tzedek programs.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Uri L’Tzedek
- Expertise in computers, database and design including Windows, MS Word and
- Strong analytic skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to reach ongoing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interest in outreach and public speaking
- Organized and adept at managing multiple concurrent activities
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to an evolving work environment
- A team player who is flexible, creative, adaptive, and has a sense of humor
PRIMARY DUTIES & ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assist with the planning, preparation and implementation of programming including the Tav HaYosher, Social Justice Batei Midrash, and High School programming.
- Work closely with the Uri L’Tzedek staff and board to develop new online materials to support other programming including the Tav HaYosher campaign. Take the lead on shaping written material to be most effective online, and help conceive other online elements (video, interactive features, slideshows, etc).
- “Selling” the Tav HaYosher to restaurant owners and managers.
- Target volunteer outreach to grow regional programming.
- Provide administrative support for Uri L’Tzedek staff and stake-holders (telephone calls, e-mails, correspondence, filing).
- Assist in the writing and proofreading of letters and proposals.
A minimum of one day or 8 hours per week is required. Some evening hours may be necessary for events.